Nutrition Support Staff at CRCH provides dietary assessment information that will support diet-related cancer research studies.
The staff of the resource perform several services:
- Maintain a food composition table with information on up to 174 nutrients and food components for over 2300 foods.
- Maintain a supplement composition table for up to 217 nutrients and food components in over 3300 dietary supplements.
- Develop quantitative scannable food frequency questionnaires for use in epidemiologic studies and provide the nutrient composition data needed for the analysis of questionnaire responses.
- Review the accuracy of food records, dietary recalls, and dietary supplement questionnaires, and assist with data entry procedures.
- Provide training for project staff in appropriate dietary data collection methods.
- Assist with the design, analysis, and interpretation of dietary data for studies of diet and cancer.
Role: Research Dietitian Supervisor
Daily nutrient totals for 54 nutrients from food.
Daily nutrient total for 54 nutrients from food and22 nutrients from supplements.
Daily nutrient totals for 54 nutrients from food and 22 nutrients from supplements. Food group analysis: 30 food groups from the Food Guide Pyramid