The Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Sciences enhances nutrition and health by educating people and developing and disseminating science-based information to promote sustainable food production and animal systems appropriate for the Pacific Region.
The objectives of HNFAS are:
1. Ensure sustainable and profitable agricultural and food production systems.
2. Enhance research and instruction through the fundamental understanding of animal/human physiology.
3. Foster an integrated and interdisciplinary approach to learning that prepares students to be effective and productive citizens and life-long learners in a global society.
4. Have a safe and secure food system.
5. Have a healthy well-nourished population in the Pacific Region.